Friday, December 18, 2009

YSL Goes Green (and Saves Some Too)

Images of the "New Vintage II" tag


Fashion-loving tree huggers rejoice! Yves Saint Laurent announced Tuesday morning the beginning of their "New Vintage II" capsule collection, one that would use leftover materials from their YSL archive to recreate popular styles from previous seasons. The styles offered in the collection conceived by Creative Director Stefano Pilati would be offered at a significantly lower price point than that of the label's usual items.

It's times like these when I wish I didn't live in the Deep South--the collection is only available at YSL flagship boutiques in London, New York, and Paris. The pieces seem to be limited as well, evidenced by the "1/121" on the tag above. This is a smart decision on YSL's part, I have to say--it's pretty much all profit for them! I suppose it's good that they're not killing more farm creatures to make their beautiful creations than necessary, though..

via Signature9 and the YSL Facebook

--------------

On a more personal note: exercising hurts. Dang. I'm not terribly overweight, but I wouldn't hurt for me to lose a couple of pounds (except that it does when I run), so I've been trying to be a disciplined individual and at least try to visit the gym briefly everyday for cardio or strength exercises. Does anyone have any low-calorie meal ideas other than salad? I'm beginning to hate the stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment